Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint Technologies (Reporting Services Add-in) enables you to take advantage of SQL Server 2008 report processing and management capabilities within Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. The download provides the following functionality:
- A Report Viewer Web Part that provides report viewing capability, export to other rendering formats, page navigation, search, print, and zoom.
- Web application pages so that you can create subscriptions and schedules, and manage reports, models, and data sources.
- Support for using standard Windows SharePoint Services features including document management, collaboration, security, and deployment with report server content types.
This Reporting Services Add-in works together with SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services, which is required for the report server instance. SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services provides the following functionality for a report server that runs in SharePoint integrated mode:
- Synchronization from the SharePoint content database to the report server database.
- A custom security extension that uses SharePoint permissions to control access to report server operations.
- A delivery extension that you can use in subscriptions to deliver reports to SharePoint libraries.
- A revised Reporting Services Configuration tool that you can use to configure a report server for SharePoint integrated operations.
- A SOAP endpoint for managing report server content in SharePoint integrated mode.
- Support for new data-driven subscriptions and URL parameters.
- In-place upgrade of the Reporting Services Add-in.
Report Builder 2.0 ClickOnce update for the RS SharePoint add-in
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Report Builder 2.0 provides an intuitive report authoring environment for business and power users. It supports the full capabilities of SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services. This download provides a ClickOnce update for the RS SharePoint add-in.
The Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint Technologies requires a SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS) instance. This add-in is not supported with earlier versions of SSRS.
EROL MVP MOSS